The Zambezi Waterfront is situated on the Northern banks of the Zambezi River, approximately 4 km’s upstream from The Victoria Falls and just opposite Siloka Island (Long Island), and is open all year round.
This establishment is designed to attract the younger more adventurous traveller (and of course the young at heart!) who wish to experience the Great Zambezi River, the wonder of the Victoria Falls and its stunning wildlife surrounds, without great expense. It is designed to cater for all travellers, from camping to basic, good quality chalet accommodation.
The Waterfront complex boasts 7 thatched chalets – 3 units overlook the river with the remaining situated in cool, shaded wooded area. The chalets each consist of 3 separate rooms with en-suite bathroom facilities. There are 3 Executive River Facing Rooms, 4 Family Rooms, 10 Standard Rooms and 6 Riverside Rooms.
The “Adventure Village” – a cluster of 3m x 3m Bow tents built on raised platforms, each with a small deck in front – are strategically place in the shady extensively lawned complex away from the chalets. Each tent is equipped with 2 beds, electric light and fan. This village accommodates 48 guests in 24 tents.
The campsite is set amongst large trees in shady surroundings. Catering for the overland or self-drive market, clients can choose from a variety of sites accommodating 90 guests.
Both sites have spotlessly clean ablution facilities, comprising hot and cold showers, basins and toilets, as well as barbeque facilities.
• En-suite bathrooms
• Mosquito Nets
• Private balconies
• Tea & Coffee making facilities
• Bottled drinking water
• A central dining area with open sundeck overlooking the Zambezi, where the Victoria Falls spray can be clearly seen.
• 2 x Swimming pools, 1 on the sundeck over the Zambezi and another larger one in the campsite.
• Lively bar overlooking the river
• Large activity Centre
• TV Lounge
• Internet Café
• Reception area and Merchandise Shop
• Livingstone is close to the border posts of Victoria Falls – Zimbabwe, Kazungula – Botswana and Katima Mulilo – Namibia.
• Clients can fly into either Livingstone or Victoria Falls International Airport where they will be met and transferred by road to the lodge.
• Livingstone Airport – approximately 15 minutes by vehicle
• Victoria Falls Airport – approximately 40 minutes by vehicle (including border formalities).
• Transfers can also be done from the Botswana border, which takes approximately 45 minutes. No transfers are done from the Namibian border due to distance (approximately 2 hours)
• Clients may also self-drive direct to The Zambezi Waterfront.
Please see our transfer rates for a full list transfers around Livingstone and the surrounding area.
Please always check these with your agent or nearest Safari Par Excellence Office, most Nationalities do need to pay a visa fee to get into Zambia, costs vary dependent on visa type ($50 single entry, $80 double entry).
• Sunblock and Insect repellent.
• Malaria prophylactics.
• Personal toiletries & medical requirements.
• Torch / Flashlight.
• Binoculars, Camera, Video and film.
Travel and medical insurance is COMPULSORY for all clients. Please ensure clients have arranged this insurance in their own country prior to leaving so as to cover unexpected medical expenses and loss / theft of personal effects. Please ensure clients bring the details of their insurance policy with them. Safari Par Excellence will not be able to cover clients should they not have insurance.
Phone: +260 213 320606